Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Progress on No.32

I've been putting more time into No.32

Yesterday I used the planer and dialed in the rocker.  I also looked at the divynicell blocks and poly urethane blocks plotting out how I'm going to mount the blocks (top to bottom decks - I'll cut out the whole EPS section and Gorilla glue in the higher density blocks).  I am going to build this board to jump.


And today I used the surforms and got the rough shaping done.


This is the bottom deck - its kinda hard to see with the shadows and the lack of contrast - but I added shallow concaves to promote lift on this one.  These are not deep at all, and with this board being dual purposed as a wing board and a prone Foil Drive board, I want to see if this adds to the performance.

I kept the nose wider for more surface area, which I feel will counter the slightly the thinner thickness.


Here is the board with the bottom deck up.  Square rails and flat tail for release and speed generation.


Today I also got through the 80 grit rough sanding.  Tomorrow when the sun is out, I'll go through the finer sanding screens and dial in the shape.

No comments: