Monday, July 10, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 7/9/2023

Sunday was really fun at Hickam.  I brought Kalani on and there were tons of other people filtering through - Ed (I think that's the older Japanese gentleman's name???), Dennis, Kalani, Arvin, Jim, Bill, Matt, Jesse, Harris and several others.

I had some high expectations of the wind and waves - and I initially setup the SW2 4.7 (biggest wing I brought) with the Eagle 1090 - which worked perfectly.  But the wind actually got to a point where I figured since I brought the Eagle 890, I should try that also.


Easiest launching point on the island!!!


Early birds -

This was my first run out using the 1090.


And top speed - pretty typical.


I took the GoPro out on the first session.



Poking the leeward foil tip out -


And a tack thrown in for good measure.


This chart is from the second session.  I had went in and changed the lower foil assembly out to the Eagle 890 with the KD Marlin 14"


I had some really fun rides out at Firsts - one was breaking right behind me and I was just hanging in the critical spot the whole ride!

Then the wind died - totally died.  It did that twice while I was outside.

I got a 23 mph top speed on the Eagle 890 - nice!


Considering I had the 4.7, I consider myself lucky that I didn't get stuck for too long.





The wind turns flukey for the next several days.  I'm sure they'll be some thermals - but Lan and Noe are coming home so I want to spent time with them (so surfboard sessions)!

W:66/F:63/S:28

No comments: