Saturday, July 8, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 7/8/2023

Saturday morning winging!!!  Strong trades are back - but you have to wait for the sun to warm things up before the flow opens up.

Low tide (rising), small waves and the typical Saturday morning crowd...


Although the board swap meet helped keep some of the crowd on land.

It was also an Access Surf Saturday so that crowd was in the water.

While waiting for the wind to come up, lots of foilers launched and finished their sessions (as the wind ramped up) - Tim, Ryan, Andrew, Matt, Noel and a few others I couldn't place.


Same gear.  Honestly I could have sized down for the first half of the session.  I wasn't overpowered, but the wind was strong.  With the increase in Tiger Shark sightings, I just feel better with the bigger gear - I can get up out of the water that much faster with it.


The second half of the session did see a drop in the wind speed - and then I was really glad I had the bigger equipment.

I was pulling tacks on to incoming waves - probably my favorite transition.  


And there is that dip in the wind.  You can only rig one way (gusts or lulls).


The summary said I hit 21 knots - that is 24.15 mph.  I think it is time for a new GPS watch....


It's nice to have proper trades back!

W:65/F:63/S:28

No comments: