Sunday, July 30, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 7/29/2023

Up and down wind at WPB yesterday afternoon.  Roland insisted on winging (I was thinking prone foiling and Kalani was pushing to Foil Drive).


It was tough, but if you could get up, there was enough wind to keep you up.


I put the GoPro on the other wing to get a different perspective (face on outbound, overhead on the run in).  This shows the lean into the tacks more than the camera on the port wingtip.


When the wind was up, it was coming in hard from the NNE, which makes winging a little more confusing.  It was fun, but there were some really long lulls.


I could tell the wind was going to die so I grabbed a gust and got in without incident.


Speed over time is indicative of the long lulls.


This last round of wind has had a lot of North in it, WPB seems to handle the North better than Hickam (dead offshore...)


These are the days I wish I still had a 6.0m wing


lulls...


W:73/F:68/S:31

No comments: