Saturday, July 22, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 7/22/2023

Today's dawn patrol was supposed to have tiny waves.  With that forecast and the effort put in to getting the Shred Sled all set up, I went SUP Foiling with the Foil Drive.


Noel and Kalani setting up.


SUP foiling is hard.  SUP foiling with a Foil Drive is hard.  I don't spend enough time doing either to get good at it.  I thought the waves were going to be smaller than they were so I brought this setup out - ART1099/460F, 80cm aluminum Project Cedrus mast on the Slingshot Shred Sled.


I had multiple servings of humble pie.  I was falling like it was going out of style.  Amidst all the falling, I did manage to get 3 rides.

I have a lot more practice ahead of me if I want to actually be good at this.  I think I'd rather be good at kitefoiling.  I can save the Foil Drive sessions for prone foiling (which I can already do).  After I get a shorter paddle, and have much more practice, perhaps I'll get good at this.

I sucked today.  I'll go back to prone FD tomorrow to get my confidence back.

W:68/F:67/S:30

No comments: