Monday, July 24, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 7/24/2023

Pulled an afternoon session at Hickam.  Wind was up and down, and there were hardly any waves.

Jim had been out on his 6.0, but came in and put up his 5.0.  Bill had been out on his 7.0 - both said the gusts were pretty brutal, but nothing mattered in the lulls.


I setup the Kujira 1210/178 - it's been a while since I had this bolted on...


When I pulled up to the parking lot, there was a good gust coming through - made me pump up the 4.7


My Garmin Instinct is failing me now - wouldn't hold a charge.  So I went out without the benefit of a GPS.  The wind was hard out of the North - 

The 1210 did a great job staying up in the lulls, but after using several different foils in a relatively short period of time, it is a tad bit slower than some of the others.

What I do love about the 1210 is its carry - I got in two toe-heel tacks without any drama, and this is one of the foils I can blind heel-toe tack.

Harris went out and headed to Firsts.  The wind filled in and I headed out also - it was way too offshore for my liking - and with hardly any waves - it was not worth the risk of having to make that paddle in.


It was good to wing again!!!

Oh - note to self - the foot straps need to go back a notch or two when using the Kujira foils.

W:69/F:68/S:30

No comments: