Friday, July 5, 2024

Garage Works - 7/5/2024

It never ends -

Kalani picked up a SUP Foiling board on Craigslist to go with his new Foil Drive Max.  He took it out today to test the signal connectivity and it lost transmission when the remote went higher than a foot or so off the board.

I cutout two windows on the top deck since he is SUP Foiling this board (and sometimes it is fully submerged).

I also drilled out the window hole at the bottom of the board.  The carbon was thick at the bottom and thin up top - so we thought the problem was two fold.  Submerged deck hampers the signal, but also the double thick carbon at the bottom is probably the greater issue.

I got the epoxy/milled fiber fill applied to all three window holes already.  I'll sand tomorrow and get the fiberglass patches epoxied on.


And Prayot gouged his brand new foil into the pipe at Fenceline (that damn pipe has gotten all of us at some point).

Here is the fill layer.  I'll sand this down to get the "blank" shaped, then laminate some carbon across it to stiffen up the repair.


Honestly I glad it never ends - I learn from each repair/modification and I'm glad to help out when I can! 

No comments: