Sunday, July 14, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 7/14/2024

Challenging conditions today -

The winds were either super strong or dead.  And the direction was not consistent - it was all over the place.

And the waves were pretty darn big.


With the ups and downs, I pumped up the North Mode Pro 5.5

Lots of wingers out today - Harris, Matt, Arvin, Kalani, Prayot, Zach, Kimo(?), Tim, Jesse and myself.


And I set up this foil - the Cabrinha H800 - wanting to see if this foil can sustain higher speeds.  I put the larger of the two Foilparts rear stabilizers on.


And after adjusting once, here is where the foil felt decent.


The lulls were really bad - and there were a few of them.


But there were a couple of times I was able to just shoot straight for the break at Firsts.

The wind outside was blowing hard offshore (at least that's what I perceived) so I only caught two then decided I should limit my risks (the waves were breaking over the Reef Runway breakwater). 


There were more holes than what is shown below.


After a while, I started doing speed runs in the inside harbor.  I think the rear stabilizer was holding me back and making the foil feel slow.  I'm going to have to experiment with this a little bit more.


A little frustrating today, but still a lot of fun!

W:87/FD:48/F:4/S:13

No comments: