Monday, July 1, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 7/1/2024

I got in a mellow afternoon session on the wing.  The winds were pretty light, but the gusts would push through periodically and got things stirred up.  There was windswell to ride, but every now and then a proper set would come through and provide a chest high wall to rip up.

And best of all - the tide was nice and high (no scratching of the foil) 


No.36 with the SK8 950/C200 bolted on the Evolution Wind 87.5cm mast.  And I pumped up the Reedin SW2 5.2


Despite the lower wind, the equipment got me up on foil and I rode for nearly the entire session.


Outbound tacks and jibes both ways with ease.  I only tried the inbound tack once - and I didn't make it all the way around.

What I did the most was carve top to bottom on what waves were running through - really fun with the SK8!


Prayot and Duke eventually came out.  Prayot was trying the AFS Pure 900.  Hard to keep a foil that small flying when the wind is as light as it was.


Nice correlation between these two graphs!!!


So half the calendar year has passed by.  By the numbers below, I've gotten 142 sessions in the water - that's pretty darn good!

Also got some bad news - my bro Roland suffered a minor stroke on Friday.  Makes you think about how fragile life is and how important living life to the fullest is.  I know Roland will make a recovery and he will wing again.  Get better bro!!!

W:79/FD:46/F:4/S:13

No comments: