Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 7/16/2024

Today is likely the last day of this wind event.  It was strong, but then weak.  It also would swing a lot.

There were plenty of waves - and there were no shortages of bomber sets.

And best of all, the tide was high and I didn't have to worry about grounding the foil. 


I decided to mix it up - Spitfire 840/325P on the Project Cedrus 85cm carbon mast.


Reedin SW2 4.7 - just about the best wing to put up today in the challenging conditions.


I got out late and only stayed an hour (because I could sense the wind slacking and I didn't want to be out in these waves without power).


You can see how much north was in the wind -


The front half of the session was getting used to the wind direction (since it wasn't sitting still).

And after I got my bearings, I started turning earlier to make sure I wasn't having to play catch up with the waves.

My last two waves were way overhead bombs.

I figured I caught some good ones and I should get to the beach before the wind dropped below 4.7 range.


Lots of correlation between the wind graph and my speed graph - ups and downs, wide swings.


Zach was windsurfing.  Prayot was out on his 5.2 and Duke came along maybe 20 minutes after I headed out.


And Roland came out - with his surfboard (good call).


Despite the challenging and confusing conditions, this was a super fun session.

W:88/FD:48/F:4/S:13

No comments: