Sunday, July 21, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 7/21/2024

The forecasts were shaky, but I opted to hit Hickam just after noon.  Prayot was there and switching from trying out the KT Dragonfly on SUP over to winging gear.  Zach and Naomi were out also - and Naomi was finally able to go wing (shoulder is better).

Initially I pumped up the Mode Pro 6.8 and was going to set up the Eagle 1090 on No.34 - light wind setup.  But by the time I was ready to launch, the wind picked up heavy from the SE.  I bolted on the Eagle 890 and pumped up the Mode Pro 5.5 - Perfect setup for today's conditions!!!


And with the rising tide, we got a bunch of benefits.  I went out straight over the inner reef.  Also the waves were amplified - most of my rides had overhead peaks chasing me across the inner reef at Seconds


Prayot and Zach were catching some good ones also


This was not in the forecast at all - I had thought today was just going to be trying to stay up on foil, but instead it was a totally lit wave riding session!!!


The SW wind direct sticks out like a sore thumb in this track.

And just like yesterday I spent most of my time at Seconds (which rarely happens).  

On a few waves, I'd just keep going across the channel over to inside Firsts and pick up the reform - these conditions are rare - which is too bad because it was super fun the way the wind and the swell lined up!!!


The iwindsurf graph for the airport was nothing like the actual wind was - 

And I only came down off foil once.

This was a pretty special session!!!


W:89/FD:52/F:4/S:13

No comments: