Sunday, July 7, 2024

Garage Works - 7/7/2024

And in between errands, cleaning things and mowing the lawn, I got a bunch of stuff done in the garage.

First up was sanding and spraying clear coat on Kalani's SUP Foil board.  The windows worked!!! 


I was actually a little nervous because I haven't put the windows in a SUP before - but the physics was sound (and it worked).


Not pictured, but I peeled off all the UV cure clear coat from the Project Cedrus Carbon 85cm mast that I had repainted.  The UV coat started falling off when I used the mast to Foil Drive - with a razor blade I got the entire mast cleared.  I'll use some of the 2k clear coat from Napa to get this mast recoated.

Then I started working on Prayot's AFS Pure 900.  He ran this tip into the pipe at Fenceline.  At this point the major damage is repaired - but now I have to go and make sure both sides are balanced and the tips are the same size.



What makes that difficult is the compound curves this foil has - they are coming towards the tip from multiple approaches.


And last but not least - I helped Marlon thin out the rails on the longboard he is building for one of his friends.  Fast work when you use an electric planer.

No comments: