Sunday, July 28, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 7/28/2024

Hit Kailua Beach Park on the dawn patrol.

Wind was pretty much dead on the drive over, but once on Kaleheo Drive, the coconut palms were moving.  When I parked, the lot was only about half full and no one was on the grass getting ready... hmmmm -


I wanted to continue testing the recoated Project Cedrus Classic mast I refinished.  I figured I'd be better off using the foil I would most likely use with this mast - so on went the Axis Spitfire 840/325P.

I pumped up the North Mode Pro 5.5 because I didn't trust the wind to stay strong (I had contemplated putting up the 4.8 - I'm glad I didn't).


Thw wind was a little fluky - starting was tough and a few times I went down because of a sudden directional shift (like a big slap).  Occasionally a good set would come through, but the swell was mostly small wind driven bumps.


From the track, the winds were ENE.  You can see the different lines I took on the bigger waves.


This is the Bellows Field meter - but Kailua pretty much had this wind as well. 


This was the second day I used the repaired 85cm mast and again I had no venting issues.  I think the refinishing made this a better performing mast!!!


W:94/FD:52/F:4/S:13

No comments: