I took a rest day from the beach - and spent it in the garage.
I got the gorilla glue trimmed away from the track block.
And I got the top deck connection block trimmed away and the top deck faired in. I made a slight depression in the top deck to mimic the ARC - but only subtly.
I started chasing ghosts again until I said enough.
Normally I would have stopped here and waited a day to get started on the next step, but I had sufficient daylight...
Laminating is definitely tricky to get right. Weird air bubbles that want to pop up, having to mix multiple batches of epoxy, getting loose strands to sit down - in a nut shell no time for anything but babysitting the lamination while the epoxy is hardening.
Here's the bottom deck all trimmed up.
This is 4 ounce carbon nose to tail with three strips of carbon rail tape lining the tracks and spanning where my feet would be on the top deck.
Here's the rail tape underneath. This is what ties in the boxes to the deck of the board.
And after 21 ounces of mixed epoxy (and losing maybe 3 ounces to fast summer time hardening), here is the bottom deck laminated.
I had to flatten a few bubbles that spontaneously formed well after the epoxy application.
Tomorrow evening I'll sand the burrs on the lap and setup the top deck laminate.
I'll use carbon and innegra weave patches where I expect to be on my knees, and a nose to tail cover.
That'll have me sanding and placing the first fill coat on Wednesday.
At this rate, I may be getting No.44 anointed this weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment