Saturday, August 8, 2026

Parawing-Prone Foiling Session - 8/7/2026

This was yesterday's session -

There were some whitecaps on the outside - which usually means an easterly flow.

Tide was decently high.

Norm was there and had his parawings - so we decided to do a downwind run.


I had the AFS Enduro 1300/HA43 and the BRM S3 5.3


It was another "evaporate as you go" day - with the wind disappearing.


I did get up on foil twice - early in the session so this counts on the parawing ticker.  But while jibing, there wasn't enough wind to make it through the turns.

I went down after the Cabins and stayed down.


Here's the wind from Hickam - we had it worse out West.


I figured I'd cut my losses and paddle in at Campgrounds.

I did catch a series of waves prone foiling so that's a notable.



And to add to this, I hit Kailua this morning thinking the wind would fill in there first.  I totally got skunked...

0 for 2 - unsettled atmosphere days....

PF:11/W:3/PW:91/FD:58/S:20

No comments: