I had some time yesterday morning and I got No.44 through the fine sanding. I got rid of two patches where there was subtle asymmetry.
One was on the starboard side back of the top deck. The other was on the port side of the nose on the bottom deck.
And this morning I had Marlon help me route out the slot for the track block.
Here it is dry fitted.
Nice and tight!!!
And I got the top slot cut out for the polyurethane block (used to get the track block a direct connection to the top deck).
And I kept plowing forward - both blocks are gorilla glued in place.
I'll let the glue harden overnight. Once that is done, I'll trim off the excess, get both sides faired in and start preparing the laminates.
My guess is that I'll be sanding fill coat by next weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment