This is out there... so the surf will soon turn to shit (along with a lot of wind and rain).
When I got to the beach, Zach was breaking his windsurfing gear down, and Mark was outside winging.
The wind was up or down.
The waves were pretty big on the sets (well overhead - maybe head and a half...)
At least the tide was high and that made for less worrying about grounding.
I setup the AFS Silk 1050/152 on the 80cm UHM mast.
No.34 (maybe the last time I use it in Hawaii...)
Powered by the BRM S3 5.3
The wind was side off - and you had to go out to get away from the smashing breakers and into the wind line.
Most of the riding was done way outside in the blue water.
I managed to get two retracted PW rides - both long and well powered by overhead walls.
Way up or way down -
And I was either up and going, or down and waiting for the next gust.
Fun session - especially since I didn't get smashed!
I may try and get a surf session in at the dawn patrol... before Hurricane Lala starts negatively influencing the conditions.
PF:11/W:3/PW:93/FD:58/S:24

No comments:
Post a Comment