Saturday, August 29, 2026

Late August Gorge Trip - Day Two

This was the beginning of Day Two.

Wind was still up from the previous day, but it was forecasted to drop off.

Dennis and Kevin checking the conditions -


I took out the same setup from yesterday as the wind was still up.  And again the BRM S3 3.4 was perfectly powered.


Headed downwind a bit more than yesterday afternoon - but honestly the waves were best up towards the campsite.


I didn't stash the parawing much this session - the waves were too short and only in the couple of spots today that it didn't make sense to take it down.


Dennis mid-tack.


The wind got really strong so I went in for a break.  The launch-landing spot was so easy (not as easy as Hickam - but pretty close).

After snacks, I headed back out but switched to the Silk 1050/152.


I got up and had some rides, but the wind started to fall off so I went in - twice - to size up the parawing.  But in both cases (4.2 then the 5.3), it was too little too late.


We broke down camp and prepared to head off west in the morning.


Pretty incredible that the wind can be nuking in the morning, then glassy a few hours later.


The camp site was really nice - clean bath house, no bugs, nice quiet location - made me really miss the Trail Manor.

PF:11/W:3/PW:97/FD:61/S:25

No comments: