Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Evening Session - 8/12/2026

The wind was up earlier - but I opted to hang out at da casa and spend time with La.  With the northerly component and the bigger swell - it didn't seem favorable for parawinging without induced drama.

I did surf -

With the bigger waves, picking out waves that wouldn't closeout and didn't already have a couple of surfers on it became the task.  And it didn't help that I went out late (which I thought would have cleared out the crowd - but it was the opposite - super crowded).


I used the Big Fish with the Rasta Vector Reverse 3/2, but took out the canards.


I wasn't able to pick off any waves yielding long rides - but the four waves I did get on I could feel how much looser the back end felt (but it wasn't slipping out on the bottom turns).

And on one wave I could sense the release I was looking for (to over-rotate the top turn) - this is promising!!!

Quick session but very insightful!

PF:11/W:3/PW:92/FD:58/S:23

No comments: