I got off work later than usual - so by the time I got to the beach the waves were pretty drowned out by the high tide.
I decided to cut my losses and head back home to work on No.44
I sanded the lap -
Then got the top deck reinforcement layers set up - two layers of innegra, and one layer of carbo
Then I got the top sheet of carbon placed and trimmed.
Break time - and cooked dinner.
Then 18.9 ounces of epoxy (split fast and slow hardener) to get the top deck wetted out, and another 2.8 + 4.2 ounces to get the laps and the rail wetted out.
There is a spot where the bottom deck rail wrap did not seem to adhere. That is under the weight you see in the picture. If it doesn't stay down, I'll cut that spot out and epoxy down a patch.
The rest of the laminate looks to have behaved nicely!
It is only Tuesday and I've gotten through the lamination. I could do a fill coat tomorrow, the opposite deck fill coat Thursday, get a bunch of sanding done Friday while getting the labels situated and the final fill coat on one side. Saturday would see the other final fill coat and the plugs.
So despite what I feel is faster accomplishment of activity to get No.44 in the water, I still won't have enough time to let the epoxy harden the way I prefer and 24 hours for the deck pads to set.
I think it'll be a week from now before the anointment -
No comments:
Post a Comment