Thursday, October 14, 2021

Skipped the Wing, and Got Some Long Standing Garage Work Done

The wind was kinda fluky - there were a lot of clouds so sometimes there was a good breeze, then other times it was dead.  Since I didn't bring my stuff to work, I opted to head home while the getting was good and take care of some projects that have been staring at me while I'm in the garage.  

First up was the new bottom mount 30mm spaced rear stabilizer.  This was cut out of a much larger stabilizer that someone (who will remain anonymous) ordered and never followed through on.  Grinder, then sander, then wet sanded by hand.

This is the thinnest one to date.  If this works well, I'll go back and thin the tips out on all of the ones I previously built.


Next up was shimming Prayot's fuselage for his Kujira 1210.  I used tape on the fuselage ferrule and also on the well of the mast-fuselage connection point. 


The connections are nice and tight now.  Taking up the slop in the connection prevents the bolts from being the sole load owner (and helps keep them from breaking).


Tomorrow may be the last day for wind for a while - I'm going to use both of these things I worked on today if I am able to go tomorrow (likely Hickam so I can try out Prayot's Kujira 1210).

No comments: