Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 10/5/2021

Interesting session today - white caps outside when I drove up, but the wind did have more north in it.  I used the same setup as the previous session - 5.2 wing, NL160 foil, No.9 stabilizer on the 32.5" mast.  Perfect setup!


Interesting Point 1.  Turtles and Sharks Don't Care About You.  Turtles were randomly popping up everywhere - I spend more time looking for turtles to avoid than I do looking at the waves.  Sharks swim wherever they want to - even in front of you while on foil.  The middle blue "track" at the bottom of the following picture was where a 10' hammerhead swam right in front of me.  We collided, I fell off the board and I'm guessing we both got scared.  Kept calm, climbed on the board and took off again.  Harris said he saw a huge explosion in the water behind me just as I fell off the board.


Interesting Point 2.  The Inside can be really fast.  I hit 20.6 mph making speed runs on the inside - with the flat water, it makes going fast easier.


I could have used the 4.5 today - but boy was I glad I had the 5.2 when I was trying to get back out of the water after tagging the shark.


I love this setup!!!

No comments: