Friday, October 22, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 10/22/2021

 I hit WPB this afternoon and wing foiled with Roland.  I got there late so the white caps that were blowing through earlier had already started to fade - I should have pumped up the Ensis 6.0, but I used the 5.2.  The tide was on the low side - so I opted to use the Go Foil NL160.  Marlon came out, but only spent the time flying his drone and did not surf.


The wind was a little funny.  I'd be going along and then attempt a jibe to get onto a wave - the wing would backwind and I'd wipeout.  On the chart below you can see the swing more north in the late afternoon, as well as the drop in strength.  I could have used the extra power in the 6.0 for more than half of the session - but I like the handling of the smaller wing(s).  I just ordered an Ocean Rodeo Glide in full Aluula - the 5.0 is supposed to be as powerful as a 6.0, but handles as well as a 4.0!!!


I was out from 4:30 to almost 6pm.  Had somethings I needed to take care of at work.  I definitely missed the stronger winds - Roland was out on his Ensis Score 4.0.  He is getting really good with his foil and wing efficiency (he can ride a much smaller wing in a given wind strength).


Roland was on fire today!  Marlon took video of him blasting jumps almost back to back.


The board I'm currently using does not have foot strap inserts, so no jumping for me.  I should fix the NWFB soon, or glass the new board...

 

Even though the wind was on the light side, this was a really fun session.  Thanks to the drone cinematographer - Marlon!


No comments: