Friday, October 1, 2021

Dialing In Rear Stabilizers

I've been working on a bunch of stuff in the garage - fodder for the next few posts...

Now that I have to use the GoFoil (and I'm actually opening my eyes to the other foils out there), I instantly got renewed interest in redoing some of the rear stabilizers I made a while back.  I recall a discussion I had with Jeff after I gave him one of the first of the finished batch.  He said it felt a little slow to him - and he grinded some thickness off.  After the modification, he said it was a fun stabilizer.  With that, I set off to grind/sand a few down.


This is number 9.  I used it straight "as-is" today to set a baseline.


And this is after I removed about half an ounce of material.  So number 5 and number 9 was been revised to have thinner profiles as you get closer to the tips.


I'll bolt on number 9 again tomorrow so I will have a back to back comparison.  On today's ride, I did feel like I was going a tad slower.  This is going to be fun experiment.

No comments: