Sunday, October 3, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 10/3/2021

This is the picture I took this morning.  I did not take any pictures of the equipment, or while in the water - just this one.


I had the 4'8" prone foil board, the NL160 and the new bottom mount homemade rear stabilizer.  Marlon brought his longboard.  I ended up talking with Tim for a bit, then with Dennis for a long time (he's been hanging at Hau Bush).  It was low tide (0.3') so I was pretty cautious towards the inside.  At first light the surf was marching in - wave after wave.  By the time I finally paddled out, the wave seemed to disappear.  I went 45 minutes before my first wave.


I ended up catching several.  After each ride I would flip the board and adjust the mast a bit more forward.  Using a different rear stabilizer really influences the ride characteristics.


The speed in an interesting indicator.  I maxed out this morning at 15.4mph.  Fun session, but.....

No comments: