Sunday, August 7, 2022

Dual Session Day - 8/7/2022

Fun beach day today!  Started with a dawn patrol - Marlon brought his longboard and broke out the Viking.  The tide was really low (I can't bring myself to ground foils if I don't have to) and I wanted to make sure I could still surf.


There was small swell filling in - so the waves were really fun!  And honestly the crowd was not too thick.


After surfing, we went home and took naps.  The wind was moving the trees around the house, so I figured since we had to run errands, might as well check to see if winging was possible.  It wasn't -

After errand running, we went back for a prone foiling session - yes I said "we".  Marlon used the Kai front foil on the 27.5" GoFoil mast and the skinny 4'10" board.  He was getting up on foil without much drama this time.


I had the same setup as the past couple of sessions - 4'8" prone foil board, ART 1099 and 400P on the Crazy Short black fuse all bolted on to the 68cm Project Cedrus mast.  The tide was around 1.5' while we were out so I could cruise all over the place.

There was still wind blowing - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about winging... but I think the time was well spent getting Marlon more comfortable on foil.


W:79/F:67/S:18

No comments: