Saturday, August 13, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 8/12/2022

Knowing the waves were headed down in size, and that the wind would be iffy - I headed to Hickam after work.  The mission today was to get the Kujira 1440 dialed in on No.25.  The last time I took this setup out, it didn't feel right.  It was drifty and the foil didn't feel like it was engaging properly.


I set the mast back a little further, and I took off the plastic rear stabilizer shim.  Well - that did the trick!


This setup works perfectly now!


There was a lot of north in the wind today - made for a lot of up wind hauling to get close to the launch point.  Besides trying to dial in the lower set, the other objective I wanted to hit was some inbound, toe to heel tacks.  I tried three times and half landed one.


There were some significant lulls in all of this wind.


For a testing day, the conditions were great.  But with just tiny waves at Firsts and the lulls throughout, I'll credit this day with getting the Stringy direct mount fuselage all dialed in!

This was probably the last day with wind - time to rest my arms....


W:84/F:67/S:18

No comments: