Thursday, August 11, 2022

Wing Foiling Session 8/10/2022

The wind was forecasted to be nuking - it wasn't quite there, but it was still strong enough to put up a smaller wing.  I pumped up the Reedin SWX 4.2 (and everything was the same as the previous session).  On inspecting No.25 before going out, I noticed all the big air jumping I've been getting has left a heel dent where my left foot goes.  This may be the indicator that d-cell needs to go under that foot during construction. 


Brian was out already when I got to the parking lot.  Eli had me by 5 minutes.  Roland was in the water 30 minutes after me.  And Paul showed up just as I was packing up.  The surf was the biggest it had been in several days.


The conditions weren't as perfect as they were on Tuesday - or perhaps I should have put the SW2 4.7 up again.  But the truth is I didn't feel like pushing it to the extreme with wing power as I'm trying to nurse my left elbow.

I did get 14 miles in - and plenty of surf.


Looking at the wind chart, I would probably have had the SWX 5.2 up - but the wind in person felt really full of holes (lots of gusting going on).


And I recorded speeds normally associated with the 1210.


Good session!

W:82/F:67/S:18

No comments: