Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Evening Session - 8/3/2022

Evening surf session with Marlon.  The wind died down to nothing - there was a giant cloud over Makakilo and it was choking out the thermals.  That made for glassy conditions.  There were waves coming in also.  The only thing that could have been better was the tide - it was a little low... but that was ok because I had the short Cedrus mast on.

Marlon brought his Seaside (but did make a comment as we drove in that he brought the wrong board.  He actually caught some good ones -


I caught plenty of waves and got multiple pump back outs and a few double dips.  It was a really fun session (the crowd was manageable).

I went in after an hour or so and broke out the drone.  I wanted to test out the settings I had changed and I figured I'd film Marlon.

Flying the drone was really fun in these conditions.  The settings were better - but I still didn't feel like controlling the drone was intuitive.  I'll change them again and keep adjusting until the drone goes where I need it to go as fast as I need it to get there.

We'll have light winds for the next several days.  I want to take an afternoon and shape the two blanks I have in the garage (new prone foil boards)

W:79/F:65/S:17

No comments: