Monday, August 15, 2022

New Clydesdale Project Cedrus Mast

Today I received the Project Cedrus Clydesdale Mast I ordered back in June.  These are made to order and take 8 weeks to get to you - but they are totally worth the wait!

I had contemplated the need for a mast this tall when I noticed I was breaching more than I thought I should be - the last session I was winging out at Jump City (Kailua) got frustrating when I would jibe onto a large, steep faced wave only to breach.  I also noticed during the downwind race, I would breach when I was jibing on a wave face.

Here's the unboxing:


Sticker, Axis fuselage adapter and the Clydesdale Mounting Plate still wrapped up.


The mast -


The checkboard pattern is a dead giveaway that this is Clydesdale.


This extended mounting post is an upgrade to the standard mast.  The mounting plate also has three M8 holes, so this was designed to handle the higher loads imparted by bigger (than prone or kite foil boards) wing boards.


At 96cm, when the mounting plate and the adapter/fuselage are bolted on, this is a meter tall mast - over 4 additional inches over the 85cm mast.  I'm counting on this to stop the breaching (but it'll probably be a pain paddling it out to even deeper water...). 

No comments: