Thursday, August 25, 2022

Evening Session - 8/24/2022

I got back yesterday from a week long trip to Luzon (Makati/Pasig/Cainta/Binangonan/BGC/Manila).  I was there for a memorial for my Mom (lockdowns for COVID prevented us from doing this earlier) and it was a wonderful time.

Well - I'm back, fully jet lagged and trying to shake the crud I picked up the last day I was there (there is a lot of air pollution that I'm not used to).  I hit WPB yesterday evening to get a session in to get my body realigned (the whole trip was spent pretty much eating).


There was a dropping swell, dropping high tide and onshore winds - I decided to assemble the ART999 - I had the foil assembly setup for the ART1099 (and just took off the front foil - the new setup was Crazy Short Fuselage, 400P rear stabilizer, ART999). 


It was already getting dark so I didn't have much time.  I caught 5 waves and only botched one (#4). One week isn't really a lot of time, so I was right back in the groove at the get go.  Lots of gliding, turning and some pumping back out (but the crud I got - not COVID, I checked with a rapid test - was making it hard to pump aggressively).

Nice session to get back into foiling!  Saturday is forecasted to have good winds... that gives me a few more days to nurse my left elbow. 

W:85/F:70/S:19  

No comments: