Sunday, August 7, 2022

Garage Works - 8/6/2022

I spent the morning yesterday shaping these two blanks.  I broke out the Makita planer and took the bulk of the foam off to get the nose rocker defined and took down the deck near the tails (artifact of cutting a longboard blank in half).

I worked on the mini version of what I'm currently riding.  I wanted to use the square rail/flat tail concept on prone foiling boards - so this is taking a shape I'm familiar with and I'll be able to tell if this is beneficial to this discipline. 





Then I switched over to the Bash template.  This one is to test (for me and my paddling/weight) where a chopped nose (shorter), higher volume board can work (again - for me).





If the wind doesn't come up today, I'll fine tune the shape on these blanks, and I'll try to get the slots for the mast track reinforcement blocks cut out.



The thing that keeps driving me back to this concept (square rail/flat tail) are the first two prone boards I made - those had a much higher volume and longer length, but they caught waves super easy.  Was it the length, or was it the rails???

No comments: