Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 8/8/2022

Hit WPB after work.  Wind was up when I got there, but it had an element of off and on.  To negate that concern, I bolted on the Kujira 1440 and used the RS 5.1.  I also was trying out a direct mount (onto the Cedrus mast) Stringy fuselage.

Marlon also came out - he brought his Seaside but later said it would have been better had he brought his longboard.


Roland and Derek were synchronized foiling.


I was not feeling it today - my left elbow has been giving me a little trouble and taking new gear out to WPB is never really a good idea (Hickam is a better trial and adjust place).  The 1440 didn't feel settled - probably need to adjust the stabilizer AOA... still had fun (when the wind field didn't slack off)


Marlon broke out the drone and started filming - you can see his drone following me in this picture.


It wasn't a bad session - I just felt I was not one with the foil and the elements.


You can see the wind was a little shifty - actually had some north in it.


The wind was on the lighter side of fun - I was out from 5pm to 6pm


And for me this is telling.  I've been able to get this front going faster on different fuselages.  I need to adjust something (like I said earlier I'm going to start with the stabilizer angle).


W:80/F:67/S:18

No comments: