Saturday, July 18, 2020

Afternoon Session - 7/18/2020

The kids and I hit PTs at the high tide - which was about 3pm - this was a lot earlier than Marlon and I normally surf.  The tide was high - around 2.2', the swell was stomach to chest high (on the sets), and the wind was not too bad. 



I had my new full coverage rash guard on - I didn't want to get fried going out this early.  I switched up the gear - wide 4'10" with the Armstrong CF1600 and UNI tail.  Super smooth, but it felt like I had to exert a lot of back foot pressure - not that I'm complaining about that, just makes me wonder if I've got the mast position optimized.  I had to get recalibrated - I have been getting more used to the skinny 4'10" positioning.




I got several long runs, and several wipes, but overall it was a good day (and I'm glad I went to PTs - crowd was not a factor). 


And you can't beat the parking!

No comments: