Friday, July 3, 2020

Evening Session - 7/3/2020

Was going to Pine Trees this evening - but one of the regulars pulled up and said "there's something in the water... and it isn't traveling - just be careful".  Went over the dune to check it all out.  There was no one in the water - even though the waves looked really good.  While I was stretching I kept looking at the water beyond the break.  Sometimes I would see different colored water - so I opted out.  Being the only person out made for bad odds.  I packed up and headed over to White Plains.  As expected it was pretty crowded.  The surf was chest high and with the low wind, it looked pretty good.  The tide was high and everytime I checked the bottom, it was far below.


I brought the wide 4'10" and the Armstrong CF1600 again.  No changes - but I think I would have had an easier time with the HS1550 - I wiped on a few of the bigger ones.  While yesterday was more about lining up on the double faces, today was dropping in and turning hard.  Really good carves from the CF1600.  I like how this foil rides higher and instead of blowing up, there is a tell-tale gurgle and you can put more front pressure to prevent the blow up. 


This swell is supposed to stick around for a couple of days - next time I'll bring the other wings (HS1550 and the 232 rear).

No comments: