Thursday, July 2, 2020

Evening Session - 7/2/2020

Hit the beach after work - the wind was way down, the tide was dropping fast from a high of 2.0' (probably around 1.3' while I was out), and the surf was consistently around waist high if you stayed inside - but I stayed more outside to try and catch the chest high waves (which were more inconsistent).


I had the same setup as yesterday - wide 4'10", Armstrong CF1600 and UNI tail.  I caught a bunch but most were the second wave of a close double.  That made for fun rides in a very small pocket (trough between the two peaks).  Breaking singles were pretty hard to come by.  I got some good glides and carving turns - pulling G's going from low to high on a wave then top turning into a dropping face - lots of fun!


There was a C-17 doing touch 'n go's - looks like a big hydrofoil to me!

No comments: