Sunday, July 5, 2020

Next Project

This blank has been sitting in my garage since I finished making the skinny 4'10".  I've been contemplating what to make out of it - and still haven't really decided.


I've thought about making another skinny 4'10" (maybe 4'8") but with a little less thickness and volume - one with a little less float than the last one.  I could add foot-strap inserts and start practicing aerials.  I do have the foot-straps...  But that would not make the most use of the blank.


Considering that last factor, I figured I should make a Winging board - something around 26" wide, straight parallel rails, thickness up and down the board, and handles on both the top and bottom decks.  I could use the carbon tape along the stringer top and bottom and innegra for toughness (with cover sheets of fiberglass for sanding sanity).  I could use d-cell sheets where I plan on putting my feet, and d-cell inserts for the foot-strap plugs and the foil tracks.  All sounds good, but a 5'2" winging board is not for beginners and I don't even have a wing.  So we'll see what ends up being next (might get another 10'10" polyurethane SUP blank - to split)



No comments: