Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Evening Session - 7/7/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB this evening.  The wind was down, as was the surf - but the tide was pretty high.  Marlon was catching everything on his longboard.  I tried something different.


I brought out the Starboard Hypernut with the Go Foil Maliko 200 and a SUP paddle.  I basically was trying to see what potential this setup had for the early wing foiling sessions.  You can get to your knees pretty easily on this board with the foil in place.  I figure this will be a good beginner wing foiling board.  No I didn't catch any waves today.  And yes this setup was a pain in the butt to carry.  But when I do get a wing, this should work well at Hickam Harbor.  Then when I can do turns and launch on both tacks, I can drop down to the as of yet unmade wingfoil board I've got on the rack.

No comments: