Sunday, July 5, 2020

Evening Session - 7/5/2020

I pulled a solo strike mission at PTs today.  The wind was onshore and up when I got there (two wing foilers were out and powered up) - surface was choppy.  The swell was still on the bigger side so there was plenty of energy to tap in to.  Lastly the tide was up - really high with the full moon - around 2.3' when I was out there.  This morning I had shifted the Go Foil mast back by a quarter of an inch - what a difference that made!!!  This session was another incredible run - instead of fighting the foil, I was just flying as fast as I could!!!  I really need to start measuring my speed...


This setting is going to get marked.  The other change I made was to put on the P18W tail.  After paddling for the thicker waves, I made the drops, lined up on the walls and just kept going faster.  Cranking turns was also fun - more intuitive at this setting - the more I turned the more confident I became and the harder I tried to turn.  RIDUNKULOUS FUN!!!


So having surfed the Armstrong CF1600 and this Go Foil GL140/P18W, I can still say the Armstrong feels super smooth and it is the "Ferrari" of foils.  And I've said (and will keep saying) the Go Foil GLs are the daily driver workhorses - I'd even say the "Fords" - but with days like today under my belt (mind you I've had many but with the Go Foil on the Wider 4'10") this is no ordinary Ford - call it a GT40 and that should be an accurate comparison (yes I recently watch the movie).  I love prone surf foiling!!!



No comments: