Sunday, July 12, 2020

Evening Session - 7/12/2020

Marlon and I hit PTs in the late afternoon.  The wind was up, but not too bad (and good enough for the 215 pound Wing Foiler using a 6m Ozone Wasp and a 280 Maliko).  The tide was flat at 1.0',  The buoys were reading 2.5' - they were barely breaking, but if you waited long enough there were waist high sets.


I had the skinny 4'10" (I think this board and I are finally clicking), the GL180 and the chopped P18(16)W.  Marlon and I caught one together and what happened???? I breached.  But I did catch several more after and not only did I not breach, with the slight drop back in the mast position I was riding the GL180 without any weird resistance (autopilot).  Next time I'll bring my phone out and get a GPS track with this stabilizer and the uncut one and see if there is a speed difference (all other things equal).


Marlon was catching everything (as usual).


Will probably start shaping the 5'2" Wing Foiling Board and helping Marlon fix a couple of dings in his board - the surf doesn't look to be anything special over the next several days.

No comments: