Saturday, July 25, 2020

Evening Session - 7/24/2020

I puPTslled a solo session yesterday, but Noe wanted to come take pictures (because I pay her well).  Same setup as last time (wide 4'10", Armstrong HS1850, Uni Tail) with no adjustments.  The swell was behaving differently at PTs compared to WPB the day before - the depth difference really showed with PTs breaking on the outside and mushing out (which is perfect for foiling).  The wind was up, but with a bit on North in it, the trees did a good job blocking.  The tide was rising up to a 1.9' high (was 1.5' when we got there).  It was inconsistent, but there were some shoulder high sets.





I got two solid double-dips - so much fun!  It wasn't crowded but I must be getting old and crotchety because it seemed to me that everyone out there was trying to block me or drop in on me.



I did breach a few times - gonna try and swap out the uni tail for the 232 to see if that cures the breaching before playing with the mast position.  Might have to wait though - Hurricane Douglas is approaching...




I got lucky on this one - you can see the front wing starting to poke out...




The HS1850 definitely has a wide range - I didn't feel like I was going to get blown up while taking the drops on some of the larger waves, and I barely had to pump to glide along the tiny bumps.  What I do feel I'm giving up when using this wing are the tighter, banking turns that I would get to lean into -  the wing tips would definitely surface if I cranked turns I normally do on the CF1600.  I'd say the benefits outweigh the negative - 2 for 1s have never been easier.

No comments: