Friday, July 10, 2020

Evening Session 7/10/2020

I foiled WPB in the early evening.  The wind was up and didn't back down.  The tide was flooding up to 1.5', and the swell had dropped from yesterday - but every now and then a chest high set would pull through.

I had caught a bunch, but it was pretty crowded (no surprise).  For most of the waves, it was an awesome drop followed by a drawn out turn to set up for the wall.  I had the GL140 out today so everything was faster than yesterday - but I still noticed the fluttering I sometimes get from the foil when using the GL180 - I just pumped through it and the fluttering goes away.  If I didn't make the drop, it was made for spectacular wipeouts.

I think I need to take the Iwa back out to feel the difference in turning capability of the old style wings vs the new flat wings.

No comments: