Monday, July 20, 2020

Evening Session - 7/19/2020

Marlon, Noe and I headed over to PTs yesterday evening to catch some waves.  The wind was up, but it had a little more North to it so the trees were able to block some of it.  There was still some texture, but it wasn't blown out.  The swell had a little size to it - chest to shoulder on some of them, with the background mostly in the waist high range.  The tide was way up - +2.3' and it was over topping the sand berm.  Noe came to take pictures - when Marlon and I weren't moving, she likes to take pictures of the ghost crabs, waves, sailboats, planes and birds that pass by.



I brought out the same setup as Saturday - wide 4'10" and the Armstrong CF1600/Uni tail.  Marlon brought his longboard and was catching everything.



After a session, I got my footing back on this setup and catching waves was more automatic than Saturday.  I got some long ones, but there were more fishermen out (as there normally are on weekends), and they were kinda in the surf break (I'm not complaining for me - there were tons of kids out and they were in the zone more than I was).  Well - on one run I had to do the limbo to avoid getting caught up in a line.  Actually I think the fisherman was using a grappling rig because the line didn't give while I was riding through it.




Other than that, I had a bunch of fun rides and great takeoffs.



Another great day at PTs!

No comments: