Friday, July 31, 2020

Evening Session - 7/31/2020

It has been a LONG - BUSY week at work - I hit PTs after work to wash the week off.  The gate was open so I got to park next to the break. 


The tide was a dropping high - at 1.8' (dropping from 2.0').  The wind was blowing trades - with enough north in it to not chop the surface up too much.  And the good news was the swell had some size - belly high for the most part.


With the higher tide I decided to bring out the Armstrong.  Same setup as the last time I brought this foil out - wide 4'10", HS1850, Uni Tail.  I caught multiple waves and got to pump back out a few times.  The wind did slow me down when I went right.  There were more people in the line up and lots of fishing lines in the inner line up - so I had to keep my eyes open for booby traps.  Despite the obstacles, I had some really fun, long rides. 


I noticed I needed to get my back foot butted up to the kick on the tail pad in order to ride on automatic.  If I had my back foot further forward, balancing was more dynamic.  This is the opposite of what I'm doing on the Go Foils - I'm going to have to figure this out.

No comments: