Sunday, September 27, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 9/27/2020

We hit the dawn patrol again - the swell was supposed to be bigger than yesterday (but it didn't seem like it - more like the same).  There was some choppiness on the surface even though the wind was low. 


Marlon went for the outside more towards Fenceline and Middles.  I headed for the break in front of the two cabins.  I would catch a wave, ride it forever and have to paddle all the way back out (totally worth it).  The longest wave I rode was 364' and the fastest I went was 16.8mph (both according to my watch).  The waves weren't as steep as they were yesterday - so it was pick up, get lined up and ride the wall as it ran to shore. 




I did lose lift on a few rides - not positive, but again I think it was the rear wing ventilating through the chop.  Despite the few setbacks, this was another perfect day for foiling with the GL140 (so fast and turny!!!!).

No comments: