Friday, September 25, 2020

Evening Session - 9/25/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB this evening.  On the sets the waves got to head high.  The tide was low - so low that I did not venture to the inside - even on my really long rides.  The wind was manageable (I'm glad I didn't go winging today like I had been tempted to).  I brought out the skinny 4'10" with the GL140 and a 16" tail - perfect for today's conditions.  I was also dealing with a pulled muscle on the left side of my neck - it got looser the longer I was out.


According to my watch, I got a 515' ride and my top speed today was 12.1 mph.  I was able to get four waves that I recall that I picked up on the outside (big cojones drops) and got to glide along a head high wall - so perfect!!!


Marlon was surfing over by the thick crowd (I can't foil over there - too many obstacles) so I didn't see many of his rides.  Noe was crewing on a friend's sailboat and they were moving the boat from Haleiwa to Iroquois Point.  The white triangle is the boat on their beat upwind to the channel. 


Nice way to end the work week!

No comments: