Thursday, September 10, 2020

Evening Session - 9/9/2020

Marlon and I hit PTs yesterday evening.  The swell was mostly background in the thigh to waist high range.  Every now and a forerunner of a new swell would show in the chest high level.  The wind was a bit up and it was chopping up the surface - enough that on a wave where I was just cruising, I ended up breaching - I think it was the rear stab poking out from the chop.  The tide was dropping, but PTs is deep enough to handle that.  Marlon was catching a bunch as usual.


I brought out the skinny 4'10", and the Go Foil setup but swapped out the front wing for the GL180 and moved up the mast back in the tracks.  I had to get my footing with the change.  I also know better that this board does not work as well in choppy surf.  I did manage to get some fun rides towards the end of the session.  I'll be honest - the whole time I was out, I kept wondering if it was windy enough to wing...

No comments: