Saturday, September 5, 2020

Windsurfing Lessons for Marlon and Winging Session #4

The wind was supposed to be up, and from the East just like the last time I went out. 


Marlon and I went out to Hickam and all along the drive there were signs the wind was not going to be like last time (Session 3).  We got there and the wind was blowing in more from the North.  I talked with the other wingers in the parking lot - they were mostly done and said the wind wasn't really good.  Marlon and I setup anyways (it looked promising).


Well - upon launching we both lost ground and spent the next hour trying to get it back so we didn't have to paddle upwind back in.  I ended up with some good runs the second half of the session.  I pulled of three moving tacks (touched down at the apex of the turn but got back up quickly) - hopefully I'll start nailing these sooner than later.  Would probably have made them if the wind had been coming from the East...


Marlon was out and sailing with almost no input from me.  At the beginning, I went through assembling everything again and discussed how to turn and uphaul.  He was suffering the issue that I was (lost a bunch of ground early and fought the whole session to get it back) - but got back to the launch spot with no drama!  Hopefully the winds will pull more east tomorrow.

No comments: