Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Wing Foiling Session 8 - 9/23/2020

The wind was forecasted to be up and from the ENE, so I brought the winging gear to work with me.  The wind was up - but it was more NE than ENE.  The tide was lower (and this plays into the discussion...).  I switched the M200 and Maliko tail out for the GL210 and a P18W.  This combo doesn't lift as easily as the M200, but it does go faster when it is up and with that extra speed it seems like I can pull upwind a little more.  The wind was a bit up and down.  I was out from 3 to 5pm.



I had to fight to get back upwind during the gusts - everything would have been easier if the wind were more ENE.  I tried to make it out to the surf, but got stuck on a shallow spot with a lull.  Couple of scratches on the GL210 (grrrrrr).  I tried to make turns but on the GL210, I wasn't having any luck.  I was able to wing back in to the launch.  I made 8.88nm and got up to 13.1kts. On the beach I ended up talking with Ken - got to see how much grunt the Slingshot V2 6.4m2 wing had (lots).  After my 10th session, I'll stop posting what session I'm on - just an FYI.


Actually - Marlon went surfing at WPB and La and Noe went to Haleiwa to sail on a friend's new (to her) boat - so we were all out on the water on different parts of the island!!!

No comments: