Saturday, September 5, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 9/5/2020

Marlon and I hit it early at WPB this morning.  The swell was up - head high on the sets, but with a full tide they were breaking soft.  There was no wind at the start of the session.  I brought out the skinny 4'10" and changed out the GL180 for the GL140.



Switching up equipment means I give up a few rides to get my footing and muscle memory back.  My first ride was awesome - long and fast - I forgot how much fun the GL140 is - sticking drops, emerging from white water, top and bottom turning - super fun!!!  Then I would weight the board differently and lose the tail (ventilation???) - ate it bad a few times.  I'd like to think I learn from mistakes and then the ventilating stopped (because I would try and find the correct balance point sooner).



My last wave was nearly 500ft long and I hit 15mph!!!  I didn't even see Marlon the whole session - he was near Fenceline and I was in front of the last cabins - extreme ends of WPB.  Super fun session today - always good when there is south shore energy pumping!!!

No comments: